View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

English is the main world business language. But it's certainly not the most abundant. Look at India & chinese languages combined & you have probably almost 2/3 of the world's population. (My calculations might be a little out but I'm sure I'm not too far off!)

English ... a conglomerate of many sources both from centuries past & of present influences. So who (which country) is the recognised official language of english? Where did the Oxford dictionary come from. Where did pidgin english come from. There's lots of it in New Guinea. lol How about we all speak Pidgin english. After all, pidgin english is a combination of the local & english languages. And how many pidgin english languages are there out here? How many variations of english speech & spelling are there out there. So how about we call it pidgin english & have a flag of a pidgeon on a dinner plate or in a fox's mouth? Or image of Pidgeon droppings below where the pidgins sit on the flag pole. (umm ... I think I'm starting to stray somehow. whoops! ... english is what we get wherever it comes from ... ever tried reading an english translation of a manual made in China or ... how about aboriginal english. Not sure if any of you saw the postings not so long ago in the FrostWire section of such a young lad. Lives just a handlful of hours drive away. It was his country after all! We're just passing thru hopefully .. or renting it on lease! Midnight Oil!)