View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2006
Novicius

mihxtc is flying high
Default I cant use limewire

Hi I"m having a problem. I cannot use any p2p programs for some reason. Whenever I run limewire it starts up and then I get a message stating that limewire could not connect. I have a good internet connection and I can play games and open web pages fine. The only protection I have is norton anti virus 2006. I've tried to configure everything possible on norton and limewire. I've changed the limewire listening ports several times. on the command prompt i typed in "netstat -s -p tcp". When the results come in the listening port I use for limewire has TIME_WAIT. For example if my listening port is 4000 then the netstat results come in as 6 people trying to connect through port 4000 and out of the 6 people 3 are established and the other 3 are TIME_WAIT or FIN_WAIT or FIN_WAIT_2. I've had this problem for a few months now I"ve tried everything to get my p2p programs to work. I can download off of kazaa and limewire but my speed will never get more then 3kb per second. Has anyone had this problem before or does anyone have any suggestions. and by the way I dont use windows firewall