View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2006
Novicius

Doctorwho is flying high
Default Getting crappy search results and virus's. Very dissapointed.

Hi all,

I have Limewire Pro and have been using it here and there, but Ive noticed Ive been getting really lousy and shitty results.

Most of everything I search for results in trojan files popping up. They are mostly all 851.7kb in size, or 197.7 files which Im sure Im not the ONLY person who retrieves these type of file sizes claiming to be the program, music file or application you would be seeking. Now I know if Im looking for, for instance, a game or movie, I know the ACTUAL file is going to be larger than 851.7kb.

I know the 851.7 files are trojans because I accidentely downloaded one, but my virus program picked it up and advised me what they were.

In my final results i may pick up 1-5 good results that seem to be files in the mb fields, but most of my results are in a result of small tiny kb files.

So I suppose my question is, is there clients or hubs or servers we can connect to, to get much better results in searches?

Im not sure how much Im paying, but I subscribed to the pro version as it was told to me that Pro gives you much better results than the basic version, but Im very dissapointed in learning that this may be false advertisement.

Can someone enlighten me with how to configure my Limewire Pro to search for better results and less virus pickup results??? PLEASE

Last edited by Doctorwho; April 2nd, 2006 at 09:41 AM.