View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2001
Yeah, me again

Brotaris is flying high
Default Re: Bearshare forum shows racism

Quote:
Originally posted by God
The "promotion" of Evil Bear shows that www.bearshare.net is clearly rewarding racist remarks made against German ppl.

Some highly visible (ie the first post in the thread) remarks were edited out as a PR measure, but many many other racist remarks were allowed to remain.

If bearshare.net is truly trying to discourage racism, then Evil Blood should have been banned - instead he is "promoted".
Hi God.  "Evil Blood" wasn't promoted, he just had his status say something other than 'Bear'.  I was a little surprised myself at that, but he's not being rewarded!

Also, the editing wasn't for PR, it was because the remarks were extremely racist, and fortunately a Moderator saw it and took it out.

There are only two Mods at BearShare.net, one with a full time job and family, and the other one is in school.  They're unable to spend a lot of time sifting through every post in every forum to edit other racist remarks, along with the other things they must keep track of.  If you know of any, please help them out by reporting the posts by clicking the "Alert" link found in every post.

Thanks!

Last edited by Brotaris; December 21st, 2001 at 08:07 AM.