View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2001
anti-bearshare

Quote:
Originally posted by sdsalsero
Unless you're supporting a lot of servents in Leaf-mode, then you're not really using Ultrapeer
uhh no...I'm an Ultrapeer. I'm
connecting the other Ultrapeers connected to me to each other. Otherwise (leaf-mode) this could not happen.

Quote:

-- you're just continuing to use the "full peer" mode of the original Gnutella protocol.
same as above.

Quote:

It also appears that the reported horizon size is different depending on whether you're in Leaf or Ultrapeer mode. Leafs are only told the number of "regular" hosts (Gnutella 0.4 servents) their Ultrapeer is linked to, rather than the larger Horizon number. But once you become an Ultrapeer, you can see the horizon size of other Gnutella 0.4 hosts and of other Ultrapeers.
uhh yeah I know that, if you'd read any other threads/posts about Ultrapeers you would see I clearly understand the simple concept.
Leaf-mode shows the horizon of the Ultrapeer or Ultrapeers you're connected. Say you're connected to an Ultrapeer which is connected to no other Ultrapeer. It would show the horizon for that Ultrapeer. Yes, then if you're an Ultrapeer you can see the horizon of 0.4 hosts like before.

Quote:

Your screen-capture clearly shows your connections:
- 4 hosts acting as regular Gnutella 0.4 servents
- 2 hosts acting as Ultrapeers
- 3 hosts acting as Leafs (clients to your Ultrapeer)

So, all you've managed to do is remove the excess traffic of 3 people.
and.......?? I only had Ultrapeer status up for a couple of minutes when I took the snapshot. When I woke up this morning I had a lot more leafs and ultrapeers. Anyways why are you acting childish as if yours if better than mine? Also you can clearly see I was prviding a hughe horizon to those 0.4 hosts that had 40+ other hosts connected to them.

Quote:

By comparison, I can't even do a screen-shot of my Connections page because it's so long. To summarize mine:
- 6 hosts acting as regular Gnutella 0.4 servents
- 0 hosts acting as Ultrapeers (they come and go)
- 50 hosts acting as Leafs
yeah ok....big deal. so shutup. You also said you have a T1 connection while mine is only cable and you've had yours running longer than mine. Thats why you have more.....