View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2006
The Phantom Assassin

PhantomZwei is flying high
Post This is getting way out of hand

Why do ISPs constantly want to ***** with people? I have OOL for several months. When I first got it and used Limewire I was thrilled. Then last week I couldnt connect. I searched for "anime".. 0 search results. I thought "did limewire server shut down?" then i looked at my connection. Normally all green... so i thought an upgrade. I downloaded the latest limewire and still nothing. Then I searched the net and came here.. I tried changing ports.. i have tired different proxy.. still nothing. I tried closes firewalls and virus scan.. nothing. Now I am ticked because its always one thing or another with these P2P networking. They screwed with Napster, Kazza and now this? Limewire was great, I havent heard of any controversy with Limewire unlike Napster. Something has to be done here.. if Optimum is truly doing this then it might leak out to other ISPs and new threads will spawn saying "cannot connect with dsl". Maybe there gonna (pardon my language) Fork us over like they did with Napster. I can see it now:

Download any music file $0.99
Download any software file $1.99
Download any video file $2.99
Ticking people off to the point where they have to storm in Optimum Online HQ with baseball bats... Priceless

There are some things money cant buy for everything else there's Mastercard. >.> funny though I use Visa

Back to the point.. I am going to try to connect to limewire everyday. If anyone has any other suggestions on how to bypass this annoyance created by OOL then please share... I miss my anime.