Thread: please read !
View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2006
Novicius

NewCyberian is flying high

Ya, that's pretty much the jist of it. To download only in sequence defeats the value of multi source downloads. t can be a bit frustrating though at times. For instance: I have a file that's just under a gig. It's taken forever to capture about 950Mg of it, it's so close in fact that the only reason I know it's a few k short is that it continues to hold station in the incomplete sub directory. The pisser is that the 3.5k Im trying get my hooks into is about 3 minutes into the video. Oh, I get a great preview, then it all comes to a screaching halt when it hits the void. Lost header=no play on the rest of the file (at least without pulling one of those freakey little data stream players out of the back of the box. Count your blessings. Besides, if you are previewing as a safety measure, it's a waste of time for aparant reasons, and if you're previewing 'cause ya just gotta see the new whomever doing whatever, run about 20 downloads up, leave the thing on, and go rent enough to tide you over for 24 hours. Then preview them in their entirety as they come into completion