Thread: Pissing me off
View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2006
Novicius

joeyjoe is flying high
Default Pissing me off

Ok, I have been using Bearshare for about 2 months now (just the free version). I dont mind sharing what I have (almost 1TB), but I am getting pissed off watching other people download from me and getting a 300K download rate. I have never passed the 10K rate when download. I have confirmed all my settings related to my connection. My slider bar is set to use 100%. My connections is on average 23 out of 26 peers and I have a few leafs connecting as well. I have my advanced set now to 1000 for the hosts, 200 for uploads and 8000 for my downloads. If I run bearshare on my server and direct connnect from my laptop I get huge download rates, so I know my settings are ok. But every download I only max out at 10K??. I wanted to upgrade to the pro version, but why should I pay for something when the free version (in my case) really bites.

Yes I understand that the rate depends on my connection and the hosts, but I am attempting to download from hosts with a 1Mb or high connection (of course if I can). Should I just say ***** it and drop my upload rate to like 10K?

Joe