View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2006
Novicius

Feanor is flying high
Lightbulb Search and Logging Requests

I've been a Limewire Pro user for about 3 years and there's a few things that I'd really like to see in the next version.

1) SEARCH - Boolean search criteria in a single search tab; AND, OR, NOR

2) SEARCH - Logging of files that have been downloaded that tracks even if the downloaded file is no longer present in the library pool. Along with this, the ability to go into the log and remove items to re-download them.

3) SEARCH - Ability to save and load a group of search tabs, often searches run for days or weeks waiting for that elusive file to reappear

4) SEARCH - Link the search function with the download, so that a search automatically kicks any matching awaiting files in the download window to attempt a reconnect.

5) DOWNLOAD - In the download window, ability to filter the display of the download window so that if I'm looking for all the awaiting files with a specific name, I can easily find them.

6) DOWNLOAD - Ability to prioritize items in the download window by putting this priority in a header (like Filename, Speed, etc) so that I can sort the download window by priority.

Implementing all of this would certainly make Limewire worth paying for another upgrade.

Thank you.

Feanor