View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2006
Novicius

A.J. Crowley is flying high
Default How exactly do search queries work on Phex?

I've been using Limewire for quite a while, I just started using Frostwire, and after hearing so many good things about Phex I decided to try that out tonight. Specifically, I've heard it's much better at finding current sources for a download, and that's what I'm after.

I've read the documentation on the website, and I'm not sure I understand exactly how searches work on Phex. The specific problem I've had with Limewire / Frostwire, that I'm hoping Phex will solve, is this: In Limewire, when you start a download and then lose the source, and set the download to "find more sources", it is in theory supposed to monitor the network and resume the download when it finds a new source. Sometimes it does, but most of the time it doesn't. If you manually run a new search for that same file and sources are found, THEN the download resumes automatically.

This is really a pain for rare / hard-to-find files, because you just KNOW that sources come and go, and you miss the download because you didn't run a search just then. SO... does Phex REALLY monitor the network, and will it REALLY resume a download when new sources pop up? And is there any way to make the program repeat a search every half-hour or so?

Whew that got long. Thanks for any help, and thanks for the great program!