View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2006
Novicius

troubleknight is flying high
Default sorry for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqrrlsarge
okay, my PC has a wireless card installed which feeds off my dad's router which is connected to a different computer. could a malicious user hack into my dad's computer through limewire if I have it, or would it still be on me? also, since my dad's computer is the same IP as my computer, could people acess his files as well as mine? I need to know this because my dad doesn't want people messing with his computer.
YES i have the exact same thing and guess what? no firewall or antivirus can protect you from hackers on a wireless net. lets say for example that a guy has his PSP and is equiped with online play he can acsess his online play using your signal which stretches out very far he can acess it from his base went or across the street. someone with a labtop can come up to your house and hack outsiode b/c the signal goes out that far. so both your computers canbe hacked easily with no resistance so i strongly ver stronlgy advise you to call best buys geek squad to secure your wireless network b/c they did the same thing to mine except its extremely hard b/c of windows and will take forever. if your dad does bills on his computer then someoen can steal all of your info on that, social security number and all that stuff which will enable him to use your money saved in your bank and make you bankrupted sorry to say this but it probably already happened to for banks but your got hacked or a virus has been sent to you.