View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2006
Apprentice

Zandur of Bronte is flying high
Default Hugely annoying Limewire problems - Please help!

G'day all,

A few months ago I installed Limewire, and it ran like a charm for about 2 months.

Then, it started a problem its had ever since: Restarting itself. at completely random intervals, even in the middle of a download, it restarts itself! Closes itself out and starts up a new one. This leads to multiple Limewire icons in my tray that dont go away unless I wave my mouse over them.

This problem makes it virtually impossible to download large files with lines since I usually get up to 3rd or 4th in line, and it restarts, and bumps me back to the end. And, if I close limewire, it will pop up again completely unbidden.

So, I decided, I will UNINSTALL it, right? So, I uninstall it, and now I get a message saying:

"One or more files appear to be invalid, this could be caused by a corrupted installation. We suggest you re-install limewire and try again. If the problem persists, send the following email to bugs@limewire.net" and it has a big block of jibberish that when I hit "copy report" it doesnt copy. And, it has the same problem as limewire: It pops up again within seconds of being closed!

So, I re-installed Limewire and... It has the same restarting problem! Uninstalled it and I get the same message.

This is becoming a MAJOR hassle for me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanx,

Zandur