View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

As said, delete the LW prefs if it isn't behaving as well. Other than that, learn to use it bit by bit. It does have its advantages over earlier versions. But as I earlier suggested, this might also be set up specific. I found it better both on my mac & pc windows. But it does have some slightly different characteristics that need time to adapt to. Give it some time before making rash decisions about its abilities. Also, new downlds will behave better than older ones that were started with LW 4.9!!! So keep that in mind. I found that to be very true. I was also initially a little disappointed until I initiated & completed the downld process totally thru 4.10 or 4.11 beta which I've now been using for a while now.

(LW.org do not offer older versions. If you're really desperate for an earlier version then apply thru me via pm & I'll see what I can do. It will require some convincing though, including as many of your set up details, etc. as possible! There's very good reasons why LW doesn't offer older versions!)