View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2001
Unregistered

Default LimeWire 2.0 fixit

I already went through installing Java and LimeWire, so this will really just be of help to those like me. My problem was that in order to run LimeWire I had to type "cd /home/sponge_bob/LimeWire" and then retype "PATH=/home/sponge_bob/jre1.3.1_01/bin:$PATH;export PATH;" everytime before i typed "sh runLime.sh". That's a lot of typing just to run LimeWire. I guess for some reason the PATH wouldn't get remembered or something, anyway, I got tired of doing all that typing so, this is what i did.

I opened the runLime.sh with gEdit and made it look like this:

#!/bin/sh
cd /home/sponge_bob/LimeWire
PATH=/home/sponge_bob/jre1.3.1_01/bin:$PATH;export PATH;
export PATH;
java -jar RunLime.jar

Saved the file and then made a shortcut in the panel that points to "/home/sponge_bob/LimeWire/runLime.sh", checked the "run in terminal" field.

Now I can just click once on a icon down in the panel and LimeWire launches perfectly everytime.

Simple.

Lots of people seem to be having "PATH" trouble so, if you're having "PATH" errors, then this might do the trick for you.

NOTE: Your directories will be different, but the main thing to remember is that the "PATH=" needs to point to your <b>Java's</b> /bin directory, notice the "home/sponge_bob/jre1.3.1_01/bin" directory above.