Thread: Limewire
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only A Hobo
Seepless .. I'm sorry you are getting dissolusioned with LW .. I've not been looking for much recently, it must be said, but I do also use Phex on the Gnutella network ..I haven't explored other networks and it often come up with things I can't find on LW. It connects to more Bearshare hosts ... they will still be around for ages, I imagine though exactly what will happen now is a bit uncertain. Shame they never made Bearshare for Mac....
I still have that darn firewallproblem I can't get solved, so I can only get Limewire to run (properly). I do find the music elsewhere and it's using up my bandwidth meaning I am not connected to Limewire nearly as much as I used to. It's not searching that's the problem, as I have been using Limewire extensively for the last two years. It seems to me like people are afraid to share or something. I am not complaining about the content being flodded with crapfiles. I know how to get the right files when I search. In my two years I have only got two bad files. Shame on me for not using Bitzi Not that they caused me too much trouble. It's like instead of people sharing different files, all the users are sharing the exact same popular files and very few rare files. When looking for music, instead of getting a lot of files with 5-20 users and very few more than that, it is like 135 110 90 24 6 3 2 2 2 2 ond a lot off ones which often do not download. I am not talking about the most popular artists here. It didn't use to be like this