View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006
Apprentice

FundyMac is flying high
Default V***** for Mac OSX

Hey All,

New to Macs, new to Limewire, and barely computer literate to start. LOL

I downloaded "V** ** * for Mac OSX with Windows XP Pro" using Limewire. I recognized the file type (.dmg) as a disk image, so I picked up a blank DVD and did so (wouldn't fit on a CD). I had hoped that just putting the burned DVD in my drive would auto-run the program to install V*** **, but it didn't. Double clicking on the DVD showed only one file, "*** Windows XP Pro". Double clicking on this icon brought up the "there is no default application specified..."

I was going to try to open it with StuffIt Expander, but it came up saying:

"You don't have privileges to change the application for this document only. Do you want to change all similar documents to open with the application "StuffIt Expander.app"?" This change will apply to all documents with type "VtSD"

Is that the right thing to do? Maybe I should copy it to my desktop first? Drag it to my applications folder? I really don't know, and my "OSX for Dummies" book doesn't cover this. I thought since I had to burn it to a DVD, it would have autorun.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

ILLEGAL ACTIVITY
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. This is not a piracy forum!
Forum Rules (click here)

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 27th, 2006 at 09:09 AM.