View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006
Apprentice

FundyMac is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundyMac
Ah, I had the general knowledge back lacked the fine manipulation. Thank you!
Drat. No I don't. And I only have one blank DVD left, so I figure I'll swallow my pride and ask for a clarification.

1. If I look under Applications, Utilities, I find Disk Utilities. I don't see anything else with Disk or Copy in the name. (I guess I really do need step by step. Sorry. I am using MAC OSX 10.4.6 on an iBook G4)

2. Option 2 (which may be better) is that I do have Toast 7 Titanium installed on my HD (I think), although I've never used it. If I launch Toast, the left hand side lists formats: CD/DVD Copy, Image File, Bin/Cue Files. I think I want Image File? Then across the top are four options: Data, Audio, Video, and Copy. I think I want Copy? I click and drag the .dmg file onto Toast, it gives me the option of Select (which prompts me to choose a different file, I think) or else Mount. I must admit, I don't know what Mount means (it seems to make the computer think that DVD is in the drive?), but I press it and a DVD icon appears on my desktop with a filename of VPC WindowsXP Pro.

This seems to be flowing okay, but it did last time as well - and again, I'm down to my last blank DVD.

I go under Recorder Settings, and under Advanced I've unchecked Verify Data. I don't see anything about Ignore Errors, though.

Does that all sound right? Should I click the big red button on the bottom right to start the burn and hope for the best?