View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006
Apprentice

FundyMac is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
Mount is what you want. You don't necessarily need to burn all dmg files. eg: LimeWire is downloaded as a dmg file. You simply open it & open the installer inside it. Mounting the image puts it onto the desktop. It mounts just like a normal disk does. And to be rid of it, you drag it to the trash or select it & press command E or Y.

I doubt you don't have Disk Copy. Go to the desktop & press command F. Then in the search engine type in Disk Copy. You will find it. I run OSX 10.4.6 also & I have it. If you arranged your utilities folder alphabetically or viewed it by list instead of by icon then you'd probably find it.
So, since I do see a DVD icon on my Desktop labelled "*****"- it's Mounted? And when I double click it, there is only one file in it: *****. When I double click it, nothing happens. Sounds like I have a dud, then?

When I search my Finder for Disk Copy, I get some PDF Documents, HTML, Documents, and one application: Disk Utility. Weird. I may have done something wrong when I first got this computer a month or so ago - or not done something I should have.

Thanks for all the advice, though. I'm sure I'll be back to ask for more after I get another copy of this program that hopefully isn't a dud.