View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006
Devotee

malonn is flying high

Alright, I removed limewire completely from my machine. I redownloaded it, but have not installed it yet. I tried, but when it was downloading to install, it crashed the DSL, so I haven't tried again yet. I will though.
I don't think it's a SP2 thing, because I haven't had a real serious problem with crashing until I moved to a wireless setup. Like I said, I had a cable modem when I lived in a different place, and it NEVER crashed. No connection problem at all. That's why I'm not so sure it is entirely a limewire thing, but a problem with file sharing applications in general. But, when it comes down to it, I don't know. That's why, with you're help, I hope to learn more and hopefully solve this issue.
So, when I tried to download the magnetic link thing, my browser (firefox) said the protocol was not associated with any program.
I don't think it's a firewall thing, because I've never had any issues before. But, I use Zone Alarms and Nvidia firewalls (plus my Modem hasd one built in - a Westell Versalink 327v), but I didn't have to do any special configurations.
I'm going to try and install LW again.