View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006
Devotee

malonn is flying high

Grandpa: LW connects to the gnutella network with no problems, but when I select a file to download (usually video files, but just today I have been having troubles with music) it causes my DSL to crash. What I mean by that is my PPP link disconnects, and my modem resets itself, then I have to go and reconnect the link. If I don't cancel the LW downloads I was working on, it'll sometimes finish the downloads amid a couple more crashes, but other times LW won't even have a chance to connect to the GW, it'll just keep crashing my DSL. But, like I said, if I'm not downloading anything, I have no problems connecting to the Gnutella network.
LOTR: I downloaded the magetic link with no problems as of the time I cancelled (30%). Great download speeds too. The stuff you are telling with with the firewall - would this cause my DSL to crash, or just give me connection problems? I have to reiterate: I have no problems connecting to the network, it's downloading that causes the problem. I'll check out some of the firewall things you're telling me, though.