View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2006
Apprentice

haringfan1 is flying high
Exclamation Questions Re: LW Freezing and Download Speed

I've been having a few problems every since I "upgraded" to the Pro version and I'm wondering if someone might be able to help. I checked the FAQs/help pages for answers and didn't find much. I also spent a few hours searching the forums and after doing so I now know what being a clueless newbie feels like. In other words, what I DID find in the forums I had a little trouble understanding. First, fairly regularly LW simply stops responding. For example when I atttempt to add folders which I want to share or rename a file I am attempting to download, the program just freezes and I have to close it via the Windows Task Manager. Also a few other options I attempted to change also caused this problem.

Secondly, is there some reason why when I am downloading a file from 10 hosts the speed is 0 kps? A 4 MB files shouldn't take over 5 hours from 10 hosts should it? I have the latest version of LW as well as Java and my graphics card is not an issue, I use XP and a cable modem (3566 kps down/330 up). What's odd is that I experienced none of these problems with the free version. Thanks for the help and your patience.