View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2006
Devotee

daydo is flying high

K il try a little more
Firstly a cracked program is something like a program u have that may not be the original program as it was intended by the manufactorer, ie ur not 100% certain where you got it from is valid for example downloading copyrighted programs for free or dowloading from bad websites what u assume is a bonafide download but is in fact stolen and altered by the owners of that website.
Your second problem the trendmicro page what exact problem are you having with it, does it give a error message or just shut down during scanning?Which kernal are you using the java or activex try the other kernal. Be aware that when it is running it may appear to be doing nothing but is actually scaning i would estimate a time of maybe 45 min for the average comp for the scan. The reason i suggested this site is because i have found it very capable of picking up adware which would be more likely to slow you than a virus. The toolbar is in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and will give a icon for every program that has either run at startup or that you have activated since, while these programs arnt running on the screen if they are in the toolbar then they are running never the less. Anything that you dont want there ie running at all you need to right click it and select exit or shut down.
I would not recommend sending downloaded vids to anywhere other than your comp due to security issues (even tho im sure they arnt copyrighted) unless ur 100% certain of the security of where they are sent.
Was your hd full when you checked it or not? You could burn your movies to cd in data format these would work in the pc u used to burn them but not in your dvd player and probs not other pcs either.