View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2006
The Final Frontier

foolofthehill has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3rvjc48
Hello! To whomever may have helpful information on this problem of mine, I would greatly appreciate it! Every time I run Limewire, an error message pops up multiple times. Limewire will still run, but the message will randomly pop up over and over again. Anyone else with a similar problem? The message is as follows (verbatim):

"Limewire was unable to write a necessary file because you do not have the necessary permissions. Your preferences may not be maintained the next time you start LimeWire, or LimeWire may behave in unexpected ways."

Again, this message will pop up as I continue to use the program. I've had this problem for about a month and running. I've tried numerous un/re installs, none of which have helped. I'm thinking of getting LimeWire Pro, but I'm afraid of purchasing and getting the same problem. Also, i've ran every AV tool I have, no help. Anyone with a remedy to this situation?
You could try to delete .limewire folder for a start; Point #2 & 3 in Fixes for Limewire
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=36420

And in case that won't do the trick, post back and give as some specs of your system:
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
2. What firewalls you have?
3. How much ram?
4. Hard Disk space available?
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About

LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
9. Who is your isp provider (Internet Service Provider)?
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If

yes, please give details of set up.
11. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
12. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here:

http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens

when you go there?