View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2006
Apprentice

stured is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeWare

3. Finally, if you are using NAT (meaning that the IP address of your machine is 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x ) now, might be able to connect, search and download from the network but no one will be able to upload from you. If you have taken the advise of others to force your IP using limewire then your half way there, as your port forwarding is working correctly. But, you need to FORCE THE IP OF YOUR ROUTER or FIREWALL to the network. To find out what your ip is from the machine that you use to get on Gnutella open a web browser to http://www.whatismyip.com
(write this IP down and force this IP in Limewire) If you need help testing this Just post a reply to this thread.
err yeh....well im sorry if this has been asked already but there are 30+ pages. however im a new user of limewire (just got it yesterday) and i wish to know how to 'force my IP' and how to find out if im already doing so. if you need any information just ask me but im running limewire on windows with nortan antivirus and windows defender.