View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2006
Apprentice

chelseagirl is flying high
Smile

Hi all i been with AOL 4 years with no probs , even had aol 9 for ages and i been downloading all my lost,dh, smallville,prison break, and loads more, no hassel i was watchin a season a night of these episodes. UNTILL. I WENT FROM AOL GOLD TO PLATNUIM WITH A SPEEDTOUCH ROUTER. then i started gettin the same as most peeps on here .

aol conects says its strong. then the speed drops to 0kbs and im all of a sudden conecting again as soon as the d/load gets going same thing happens over and over again.

then L/wire started opening by it self EVEN WITH ALL OPS TURNED OFF
THEN I NOTICED THAT INSTEAD OF SHARING THE 359 FILES I SHARE IM NOW SHARING 77789 MY WHOLE FOLDER WITH COMPLETE AT THE END.
i removed it and next time i signed on im L/wire starts up and again is sharing my all even my firewall was showing as not their.
After lookin on here i found out i had a virus i cleaned it up that prob solved.
then i found i was back to the disconecting thing so im herei agree Aol 9. has somthing to do with this but not the version i installed over a year ago i was gettin on fine with that .
when i installed my router the last thing it wanted me to do was upgrade to aol 9 as i already had it i didnt need to do this BUT hey we are talking about Aol and their was no (no thank you i dont want this) so i just went along and clicked it to install,
now im reading these forums again to find answers and help to solve my prob and i think i got them thanks NORM i went in uninstalled aol spyware, i got my own anyhow . mcAfee firewall, i got my own of that too. tryed to remove conective services and it said i was using it do i need this??iv left it 4 now i cant see a port magic whats this please?.where do i find it , l/wire seems fine no although not as fast as it was anyone no how to stop them blooming anoying imcatchers from poping up i dont no any of um dont even no how they can see im on line i am gettin peed with aol uslessness when i ring them for help all they do is run me thou a load of crapchange my setting from how i like um then decided its a prob with my local exchange and it will take two days to fix. i been on platnuim for 2 weeks and iv ad nothing but hassle even got a virus. i prefer using the bt vouger only thing is my son has a lap top and wants to use the conection too. we only just got that workin wirless tonight, thanx to all you who give advice here and i just thought id tell my story case it helps anyone else.