Thread: feature request
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2001
GHOST

Post feature request

Gnutella Client Features Request:

All the Gnutella clients I have tried so far does not have all 3 features below. If a client has all 3 features below, I don't mind paying for it. I have posted this request on almost all existing Gnutella Client forums. I am waiting desperately for the first client to have all these features.

1. Segmented Download from multiple sources into one file.

If you have 2 valid/active sources for a file (same exact name and size), there should be 2 downloads: 1 from the beginning and 1 from 50% of the file. And the client combines the 2 streams together into 1 file. BearShare downloads from multiple sources into 1 files, but not simultanously. GetRight does this correctly. Try the Segmented Download in GetRight (www.getright.com).

2. Filter Search Results

The search results should be passed through a filter that removes any results that contain the list of keywords specified in the filter. This avoids showing files which the user already have. LimeWire has a filter that works.

3. GET THE FILE - the KILLER feature

You should be able to right click on a file (in a search or download window) and select "Get this file". The client should then do a search using the exact file name & size and automatically download from all the sources returned into a single file (feature 1 above). In additon, the client should repeat the search every 30 min (or another user defined interval) to get more "fresh" sources and automatically download from the new sources. This process repeat until the file is fully downloaded. This remove the headache of repeatedly manual search for files which are partially downloaded.