View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubsHigs

The situation:

For the longest time, whenever I would startup Limewire, I would get a message asking "Limewire is not your default link handler. Make it?" or something along those lines.

Every time it popped up, I selected no, until the other day when I was in a hurry, and accidentally selected yes

Since then, every time I try to download something, when I click on a song, it opens an IE browser to This Napster Page. Nothing seems to be working to make it otherwise. If you right click and select download, it still does it.
There is something very strange with what you say.

Making Limewire your default magnetlink handler, will only open Limewire when you press a magnetlink for download.

If it said link and not magnetlink, that message I have never seen and it should not appair.

Did you get Limewire from the official site www.limewire.com or somewhere else. Alot of scamsites pack ad/spyware into the code for the program

My guess is that you are infected with some kind of adware.

Try scanning you computer using antivirus or antiad/spyware to see if anything is picked up.

if not then try a onlinescan

Check out this thread for links and scanners:

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showthread.php?t=41432

if that doesn't work either then visit Norbiesworld for help (step 5 in the thread)

Last edited by Sleepless; June 21st, 2006 at 10:39 AM.