View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2006
Captain

Angry Pirate is flying high
Default Norton vs. Mcafee which works better with LimeWire

Hello everyone I find myself at a bit of a dilemna. I currently have access to both Norton and Mcafee but do not know which one I should choose and was hoping for opinions on the matter. A few things you should know are the following. I got my new PC on Christmas and it came with a 15 month Norton Internet Security 2005 subscription. However I am a Comcast subsriber and I have a complimentary subscription to use the 2006 versions of Mcafee VirusScan, Personal Firewall, and Privacy Service free of charge as long as I continue to use Comcast. So I can either use Norton which is sort of outdated or I can use the newest version of Mcafee and also be able to update to the 2007 versions of Mcafee when they are released. It seems like Mcafee is the clear winner but many of Comcast's own employees such as the techs and phone representatives have told me they think Norton is better. Naturally I want the best software because I know there are many online threats on the gnutella network such as viruses, trojans, spyware etc and I want to make sure I am safe. Anyway personal expieriences using either of the two or just your opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.