View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2006
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Well Angry Pirate

You have got a dilemma and you have immediately made a wrong assumption, just because one software has 2005 and the other has 2006 that in itself does not make one software more up to date than the other. In fact version numbers and version dates are just marketing ploys invented back in the days when PCs were young, e.g. MS Word jumped from version 2.0 to 6.0, dbase V2.0 was very popular because people thought they were getting the latest version but there never was a dbase V1.0 and so on.

So, knock version numbers out of your head.

Now, I am a NIS2005 user and I am very happy with it, I have never used Mcafee and can't really say anything good or bad about it. However, your post contains a clue on how to make your decision, i.e. you said
Quote:
many of Comcast's own employees such as the techs and phone representatives have told me they think Norton is better.
So, if Comcast's own people, the same people who are pushing McAfee, say that Norton is better then how can you argue with that.

One other thing I must point out to you, most software companies, except the small niche market ones, now seem to release software before they are ready, i.e. to a schedule, and update them (bug fixes, repairs, software updates, etc.) during the course of the coming year. Therefore, buying the latest "just released" product is not a good idea, you would be better of leaving that "just released" software until it has been out for a least 6 months (probably more).

UK Bob