View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2006
Devotee

daydo is flying high

Pirate looks like uv made ur mind up to me u just want someone to convince you of ur decision. Uv been using macaffe ur happy wiv it right? Y change if your comfortable and happy wiv what ur using m8. As they say the grass is always greener over there. At the risk of offending some people on here who i know love norton im also gona add that norton sucks big donkey d1ck always has and probs always will anyone who trusts a home pc to those bozos is either an idiot or of low knoledge in the matter as far as im concerned (forum company excluded of course u guys are great) before i get some forumites telling me that i have no proof of this and its conjecture, dont bother cos i wont get into a argument its oppinions hes asked for and thats what im giving. Just to substansiate it a little norton was the 1st av i used in my early computer days and happily went alone for a year after wiv it till a mate who knew more than me then said it sucked i argued thats not true, he said ok test it, so i did just to prove him wrong. I did this test on a pc i was going to repair and reformat. I loaded into it every virus i could get hold of and name correctly at the time (actual no just over 100). I then proceeded in turn to set up update scan record the info and delete the program i did this twice for each av leaving the viruses unrepaired wiv each of norton avg free and avast.
The results were shocking at best wiv norton finding 12 on the first run and 14 on the second run inexplicably not recognising 2 virus on the 2nd scan that were spotted on the 1st so the total found was 16 on 2 passes of OVER A 100. Now u see y the idiot speech comes about. Incidently if ur interested avg found all but 6 on both scans and avast found all but 1 on both scans the offender being a email mugly trojan. So far as im concerned and always will be norton back up disks will and always will make expensive coffee coasters when i find 1 of em l8z.