View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2006
Novicius

ibrickyo is flying high

Well, here is what happens.

I am able to download and go through the initial setup. Once I run it, it asks me what language I want. I choose english US and click next.

Then "Welcome to Limewire setup wizard. Limewire will guide you through a series of steps to configure Limewire for optimum performance". I click next.

It then asks me for a folder for shared files, I choose My documents/my music and I click next.

It asks me for my connection speed, I choose DSL and click next. I am then asked if I want to start Limewire automatically at startup. I click next.

Then a Limewire dialog window appears saying if my firewall or security settings appear, please unblock and choose to remember the setting.

And that's where it gets stuck. If I move that window to the side, I see a window in the background saying "Loading HTML Setting" with a little thingie (sorry, don't know the term) going back and forth, which basically means it isn't frozen.

I have disabled xp firewall, and limewire is listed as an application that is allowed to access the internet within my security software (McAfee). I have followed the directions that Birdy has suggested earlier in this thread...

Help, I'm still stuck. In reality, I can't change any settings in Limewire b/c I haven't been able to start it up yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.