View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2006
Novicius

JamminJames is flying high
Question LimeWirePro V4.12.3

Hi,

In LimeWire Pro V4.12.3, you can direct where you want the files downloaded using LimeWire Pro to be stored and it is possible to direct the path directly into iTunes.

In iTunes, under "edit," I have already gone to "preferences" and then to "advanced" and checked the box that states "copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library".

I don't want dual saved files in a shared file and in iTunes and I would prefer not to have to open the file but have it open automatically and show in the iTunes library.

If the path for saving downloades utilizing LimeWirePro is directed into iTunes, will it automatically open in the iTunes library? Up until now, I have been storing the downloads in the shared file and utilizing the "control o" command and highlighting the name and clicking open. How would this be done if directing the file to the iTunes location instead?

I don't want downloads stored twice and use double the hard drive space. I'm also not sure that if the path in LimeWirePro V4.12.3 is directed into iTunes, how will I actually open up the download or will it be automatic.

Apple tech support recommending saving the content in one location and making the iTunes the default player for audio files which also is checked, along with organizing the files.

I'd just like to use the LimeWire Pro as the downloading interface and automate the rest.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks all...

JamminJames

Last edited by JamminJames; June 24th, 2006 at 03:39 PM.