View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2006
Ephemeral Beast

waix is flying high
Exclamation Increasing the amount of sources that limewire downloads from

I am a new user to limewire, but not to P2P software, i've checked the FAQ and other obvious help resources but am unable to find a solution to my problem.

While downloading files, Limewire will only connect to and download from 8 different sources, despite the fact that my searches showed the file to have over 30 sources in most cases.

At first I thought it was something in the options, and I did find a option called "Maximum Downloads", which was set to 8, and changed it to 100, but it didn't have any effect. I restarted the program and tried adding new files to my current downloads, but I still only get 8 sources uploading to me for any file. I'm not being limited by anything in limewire's settings as far as I can tell, and not by any firewall either.

I'm sure it's not coincidence (only having 8 sources 'free' enough to not put me in queue for example), the file always manages to start downloading from 8 sources within 20 seconds of starting, and none of the files i'm trying to download have less than 30 sources.

So, please help, does anyone have a solution or a suggestion, and does anyone have the same problem as me despite going through all the settings multiple times?