View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2006
Apprentice

xena400 is flying high
Default Limewire is "unable to load old downloads"

I'm having a similar problem except for me it's a little different.

Just yesterday I had to reinstall windows on my computer and reinstalled limewire.

After limewire made it's own incomplete folder after I installed it, I over wrote the incomplete folder with the Incomplete folder that I had written on a DVD for a backup copy (With my other files of course) that way I could start where I left off without having to do a search (If I could remember all the files that I had on the list to begin with) on all the files that I had before.

I just now overwrote the incomplete folder with the one that I had backed up and for some reason even though it's the same exact file (But with different titles written in the .bak file itself) that that it already had when limewire made its own incomplete folder, it won't load up the backup that I had for the .bak file.

I'm getting the same result that "Limewire can't load up the old downloads" yet when I put in the new .bak file with brand new downloads that I experimented with, it loads those up fine but not my backup file that I had on a DVD.

Any suggestions would help.
Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by stief
The .bak is indeed a backup of the dat, and someone wrote a scripts to automatically backup the backup (just search these forums for the link).

I can't remember the details exactly, but the person who wrote the script had problems like yours too.

However, it sounds like a clean incomplete folder is still a good idea.