View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2006
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Hi 6_Pac

I understand your point of web surfing, using LW and PG2 all at the same time but I can't help but feel that this may undermine the very reason for having PG2.

Let me explain, if you ever looked at a PG2 log you will see there’s a huge number of government agencies, computer companies, local and city authorities (domestic and foreign) trying to gain access to your PC because you use LW. Now, this is where it gets technical (and I am on dodgy ground here) using your browser and leaving http:// unblocked leaves port 80 open and subject to attack.

My paranoid point is that LW, when in use, invites attention from government and computer agencies from all over the world, leaving a port open when your PC is being bombarded and scanned could be, on your part, asking for unwanted trouble. So, for my own peace of mind, I do not surf and use LW at the same time.

(Ever Paranoid) UK Bob

PS. Once, when PG2’s online block list was down, I found a keylogger planted on my PC. At a guess, I would say one of those unscrupulous agencies planted it.