View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2006
Deep & Wide

Deepend is flying high
Question

Hello All Who Share

I am new to the forum & have been using LimeWire for about a month.

Thanks and Shouts to those who have made this possible.

I have been reading loads here lately; mostly about this topic as it is the only issue or problem i have had with P2P

I came to P2P with about 850 tunes half of which i have spent many hours recording from Vinyl and making mp3's the rest from my cd collection. I am Happy to share all of these with anyone who would return the favor i now have over 1000 that i Share (oh no have i been too greedy?) it seems there are some serious problems with greed here it is a deadly sin but someone who makes available all his music to others should hardly be considered greedy just because he has browsed a host (i browse somewone because i like what they have downloaded from me seems we at least Share the same taste in music, and liked what they have and want to have it as well. Yea i used to take what ever i liked from that host until i found out i was being judged as greedy by someone who thinks i am crossing the line by wanting to have more than three downloads) I set my bandwidth and max uploads to 20 per user thinking it was the right thing to do. I still think it's the right thing to do!!! I take what i like from a host as i don't know when he will be connected again. It seems logical not greedy!!! In fact i stay connected all day and it is normal to upload 150 or more tunes a day; these are not top 40 tunes either i still have 20 tunes that i try to download unsucessfully in that time as i lose the connection mysteriously. I feel my Limewire Pro is lame at automatically trying to find more sources. I have done a test and killed uploads within a minute they all seem to start again mine don't is this because everyone has disconnected or filtered me out. It seems like some Some days i get 0 complete unless i sit there and do endless searches that seem a total waste of time. I don't mind waiting a have patience but wasting my time like this ****** me off!!!

So now that i have vented i have a few requests.

Please rethink cutting off someone and setting low limits on users. There seem to be some problems with recognizing the peeps who share and those heathens who don't; and until there are solutions for this problem we should not be so judgemental.

LimeWire why can't you do something about this? With all you have done to make P2P possible it seems this should not be beyond your capabilities.

LimeWire why can't search restart automatically and constantally if the host is lost. If i have requested a download it is because i want it even if i lost the connection i didn't lose the desire to have that tune.

Hoping for Positive Change