View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2006
Disciple

Curly88 is flying high
Default Can't Start Up Limewire - Need Help

Okay, so until just recently I was using Limewire 4.11. I've been an avid LW user since 4.8 (I think...) and everything's just gone fine and dandy. However, one day, my Limewire browser wouldn't load. The window would come up, but nothing else would. That's it. Just the frame.

So, I popped onto the internet and whaddya know! An update! So, I go ahead and download the update. Install it. Everything's going okay.

Then, when I try and open Limewire it opens up a window named 'Limewire Setup Dialogue'. No data. Just the window. It does this every time I try loading up Limewire.

So, now I've tryed reinstalling. Restarting the computer. I've deleted the preferences .limewire file. I've simply left it alone to load (left it for over 4 hours and still no change). I've tried the offline installation. I've redownloaded my Java Browser. I've tried looking for suggestions in the Technical Difficulties forum and even following solutions that don't even necessarily pertain to this same problem.

And yet, there has not yet been a single change. Quite honestly, I am very frustrated and seem to be running out of options. I even tried using Ares, of course, I quickly found that I'd rather not have any P2P sharing device than use that messed up system.

Can anyone out there please help me? I'd be very grateful.

Last edited by Curly88; July 2nd, 2006 at 04:09 PM.