View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2002
Novicius

jiblet is flying high
Default Updated Documentation?

Tell me if I've looked in the wrong place, but after downloading v2 I looked everywhere for UltraPeer information. Searching the website for 'ultrapeer' returns no results.

I was very frustrated that I wasn't getting good search results and there appeared to be very few searches coming through. After reading this thread I understand Ultrapeer better, and have discovered that the search results actually range from bad to quite good (much like they did before Ultrapeer).

Anyway, the bandwidth reduction seems good, so I am less concerned about leaving Limewire running on my University connection now and plan on keeping it up more. Sadly I am not seeing any uploads of my 183 shared MP3 files (most fairly popular).

The point here is that this is a MAJOR new feature with no documentation. Experienced Limewire users have no idea what's going on, and they can't find any information about it. In the interests in furthuring Gnutella, I am willing to spend some time working on the documentation. I have enough programming experience (HyperTalk, Pascal, C, Java, PHP, SQL in that order) to understand algorithms and write accurate descriptions. I'd love to hack on the code too, but I don't think I have the experience to make that effective.