View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2006
Novicius

jimmyrogers is flying high
Smile A cool media player that plays back most of the video formats!

i've found this cool freeware called Gom Player 2.0.6 at

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...m-Player.shtml

it has its own in-built codec system which i found it very useful..
it played one of my mp4s that VLC couldn't play.. and it supports most of the AVI formats with its own system..

The interface looks really really COOL.. and has so many features..

what i liked the most about Gom is that.. it can playback a video file while it's being downloaded. so.. if the file i'm downloaing doesn't match the name of the file or if it's not the one that i wanted, i can just cancel it..

well.. i strongly recommend this freeware..

------------------------------ from Download.com

"GOM Player is a freeware media player that playbacks most of the popular video formats. GOM Player supports most of the codecs (DivX, XviD, AVI, DAT, MPEG, WMV, ASF, and plus more) by its own in-built codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs every time when you can't play a certain video format.

GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).

GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).

GOM also support its own skins,
Subtitle,
Overlay Mixer features
Optimized buffer for streaming
Automatic ASF source filter. Keys Remapping,
Superspeed/High Mode,
Enhanced Filter Rendering,