View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2006
Novicius

lostinspace is flying high

I believe it was the "official" site (limewire.com) very green website..Security wise, I use Pest Patrol, Ewido, and Bit Defender AV...I also have Windows Defender and use only the Windows SP-2 firewall. Don't get me wrong..Limewire is a fantastic program, as I had the opportunity to use it a few times for the brief period it was installed..I would use it, come back a few hours later and it was gone..literally..once it tried to phone home, my security would kill it and remove it automatically..That's why I kept re-installing it and wondering what the heck...a little on-line research indicates that Limewire does in fact still load trojan and spy programs..My logs indicate Limewire, Grokster and KaZaa to be specific...I tried to get rid of the latter 2 and just kept Limewire, but it would not open because of missing files..Again, I really love the program and would love to keep it..but I would much prefer a copy without Grokster and KaZaa...So...am I missing something here, or could I have possibly downloaded a replica program? I'm not here to dis Limewire, I just want to figure out whether it's going to work for me or not... Thanks!!