View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2006
Apprentice

lone wolf is flying high
Question How does the whole downloading process work?

Probably a stupid question? When I try to download a song (I have a modem) ,is it trying to connect with other Limewire clients who have that song already downloaded in their computer? If so and those clients do not have their computer on line, will I get the status report that I need more or awaiting more sources? If that is the case, do I have to wait forever until client has their computer on? Some artists I can download several songs with numbers under the # column then download another 5 to 10 songs that just keep bringing up the status need more or awaiting sources. This is very disappointing and frustrating! Is there any way to correct problem? I notice that others are always uploading songs from my computer, why can't I download those less popular songs? Also, if the status report says awaiting or need more sources; if I leave the computer on line all day or all night , will that song eventually start downloading or do I have to hit the resume button to get it to que and connect again? Is there any way to contact sources for a certain artist's songs so I can download? Or is everything downloaded/uploaded into one or more huge computers and we are all trying at the time to access the same songs and so we are betting a busy signal? Please explain how things work? Thank you for your time and interest.