View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2006
Novicius

lintriago is flying high
Default re: Java Upgrade

On the upgrade page it says you need version OSX 4 and higher, I have OS3.9. I'm having the same problem. I have had this problem since I upgraded to the latest version of Limewire. The previous version of Limewire was perfect. NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER. I had Limewire pro and it somehow stopped working and I was forced to download the new version. The problem isn't so much the speed of the downloads but rather maneuvering within the program. The cursor gets stuck highlighted on something...say within the search results and I can't move. I can't click, I can't highlight something else, I can't close a window and eventually a hanging beachball will pop up. I assumed this was just Limewire's way of getting me to purchase the PRO version again, so today, I bit the bullet and charged the $18.88 on my credit card. But the problem hasn't gone away so now I've invested almost $20 into something that's useless. If I can't get this to work, then I will be forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I really don't want to do that because I just want Limewire to work like it used to. I've spent the last hour going through the forum reading all the problems Limewire has had with the new version and all the while people are saying how the old version worked just find. So why fix something that isn't broken? I'd have gladly forked over another $18.88 to avoid the hassle that I've gone through since downloading the "new (and improved?!? Huh?) version"

Do I sound annoyed? That's because I am. I spent a lot of money to get a good mac, a DSL internet connection and Limewire prevents me from using it to its maximum potential.