View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2006
Apprentice

gizzle619 is flying high
Default connection prob's!!!!!! help

ok now i think i tried everything. i was having problems with my wireless connection ( i have a perfect connection with limewire for about 10 minutes and then my whole internet shuts down including limewire!) but the funny thing is that i have no problems with bitTorrent. its just a little slow at times. so today i tried connecting with a proxy (socks) server, and still nothing. actually i couldnt even get a connection. im in germany right now, is there any special server number or port i should be using or should i just stick with uPnP settings because i guess i get the best connection with that. after the connection goes out i have to unplug my wireless connection and plug it back in and the same thing happens again after 10 minutes. please someone help me, this is sooooo frustrating. i limited my amount of downloads, dissabled ultrapeer option, tried prot forwarding... man! i have windows firewall dissabled and bit defender firewall dissabled and both are set to let limewire through, but it still says limewire is behind a firewall! i have d-link wireless. i think i have a DSL connection or LAN, sorry im not sure. i have a laptop if that helps. windows. what do i do?????? please H E L P