View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2006
Novicius

Forceman is flying high
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_blue
I'm fast coming to the conclusion that there is a problem with this version of LW. I've posted before about this, other people have the same problems. I either can't connect at all, or LW struggles to connect, or it connects and then drops all connections.

The green bars keep going from green to red, sometimes back, sometimes not at all. I sometimes get a message saying that I have no connection at all, yet LW continues to download the file(s) I am downloading at the time I get the message.

I have disabled ultrapeer status (which seemed to make the problem worse, when my connection tried to become an Ultrapeer). I have deleted the LW preferences folder. I have reset and reconfigured my router. I have disabled zone alarm, I have enabled zone alarm. I have unintsalled LW. I have tried *every* fix that is suggested in these forums, but the problem persists - LW cannot at times connect at startup, or connect strongly, or sustain a connection.

Nothing makes a bit of difference. The connection to LW is just problematical at times. It just "goes" for no reason, or it will not connect properly and I keep having to close it down / restart it. My ISP (BT in the UK) does not block etc LW.

Given the amount of threads about the same problem, the problem appears to be LW itself. I wish I'd kept the exe file for my previous version as I would reinstall it!
I have the same problem verbatim. The only firewall I use is winblows XP service pack, no router, I connect to the internet via cable modem with an ISP that says they don't close ANY of their ports, I passed the port 6346 test. What else do I do except start buying music again?

Yea right!