View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2006
Novicius

reible is flying high
Default issues with 4.12.3

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have used limewire for a while now so I have at least some understanding of the program. I used the free versions then maybe about 7 months ago I purchased the pro version. I noticed the new version 4.12.3 was out so I went to upgrade but I'm past my 6 month period. Being retired I figured that since I didn't notice much difference from the free to pro upgrade I wouldn't spend the money just now (lot of other expenses the next couple of months). So I upgraded to 4.12.3....... but things have not gone well.

I get errors that I have never seen before, I get aborted downloads, I get blank windows, I get limewire in as a non-responsive program and have to kill it, I will get fast reboots (no death screen and this is only while limewire is "working") and a few other odd things happening.

I have a athlon 3200 with 512MB ram, ati 9800 allinwonder, xp2 with auto updates, java 1.5.0_07 and nothing else seems to be having problems. The java _07 update I did today but that made no difference. I checked the video card settings as per some posts here.... no difference.

While the program is running I'm getting downloads and speeds as I expect (same as previous versions[dsl connections through a router]) and sometime it will stay up for hours and other times like tonight I went for a walk and came back 20 minutes later to a locked up limewire.... I have plenty of diskspace and lots of cpu cycles (limewire seems to use 4% to 10% most of the time).

This has been going on for about a week now and I have tried to re-install with no changes. The only thing other then limewire that has been installed (besides microsoft updates) is a hp 1022 printer and new today the new divx pro software.

Right now I'm thinking do I want to buy the new pro version and will that work any better or do I want to fall back to the previous version if I still can???

Comments, questions, solutions welcome.

Ed