Novicius

movietoff is flying high
Unhappy movie downloads trouble on LM

Hi All

I am on a Mac 10.2.8 system
I am on a dial up connection 56k ps

My usual download rate sits on about 3.7kb per sec

I am very frustrated!
I recently joined a movie download after downloading audio books and music for a year on LM AND HAVE HAD NO MAJOR PROBLEMS
I was lucky enough to download my first movie completely using the VLC to view, and was able to watch the movie I was very impressed.
However for the last 4 weeks! I have been trying to download more movies and I have not been successful with one.
I have been trying to think what I have done differently to my first successful movie download. The only difference is I did NOT preview the file while it was downloading.
I am able to download a file to a certain point usually to 3% of a file, when I preview the file I find the the full weight of the the file in the incomplete folder ie. a 700 MB movie is showing 700 MB when I think it should be only showing the MBs actually downloaded. Any way that is the only reason I can think off . I am thinking, if the preview mode is there one should be able to preview without upsetting the file. Have you any suggestions for me
thanks, I am not familiar with the jargon of this VLC so if you will explain to me in a laymans terms I would be most grateful.

Thanking you.

movietoff