View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2006
Deep & Wide

Deepend is flying high
Default Browse Test

Well there still seems to be a fair bit of confusion about who is sharing.

Are we experiencing a bad connection due to the web, LW or p2p in general?

Or are most peeps just selfish & greedy?

Or are we being banned?

I really don't think most problems come from being banned. I banned a few when i started posting on this thread and when they tried to finnish those incomplete files i saw in the monitor window status column (banned for being greedy)

i imagine they saw the same thing in their dl window has anyone seen this in their dl window before?

I have since lifted the ban (i will only ban hosts who have alot of viruses they keep and share) as i am convinced that the problems are more to do with connections than selfish greed.

I propose a browse test i am going to stay connected for about 7 more hours i am set up to allow chat i am not really available for chat but it is supposed to improve your chances of browse i have also enabled ultrapeer. I have renamed a mp3 bbrroowwssee try a search for this if you find it start a dl then try to browse me, i will then try to browse you and we can post our results here and check for consistency & failures

First you need to go tools/options/chat and check enable chat then tools/options/uploads/ and uncheck allow partial sharing. And as soon as you have completed the dl of the bbrroowwssee file drag it out of your library then go back to your library highlight and delete that file.

This should answer alot of our questions while we may learn that though we think we are allowing browse we really are not or maybe not for everyone. Which could make us appear selfish.

Hope you guys give it a go. We might find some nice tunes while were at it

Peace

Last edited by Deepend; July 18th, 2006 at 08:39 AM.