Thread: no connection
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2002
Unregistered

Default no connection

I've been posting all over this board since I discovered it yesterday, but not gotten any response yet. (See, I'm impatient and I need my Limewire back!!!) I've used Limewire for months now, never had much of a problem with it until yesterday. Yesterday I found I couldn't connect, so I went to the website to see if there was a problem. There I discovered v2.0 (I'd been using 1.7) and downloaded it, thinking that might be the problem. I like the improvements and I'm sure it will work just fine, but it won't connect either. I've checked out the faq's and done everything they suggest (and yes, I am connected to the net.) I don't have a firewall, my ISP hasn't changed and shouldn't be the problem, I haven't made any changes to the computer or anything else that I can think of. It worked Friday but not Saturday. I still have 1.7 on my desktop too, and it won't connect yet either (but maybe it's because it's using the 2.0 software, BUT it wasn't working even before I downloaded 2.0). Please help me, I'm getting desperate, I NEED MY LIMEWIRE!! Thanks.

I"m using OSX on imac, 56k dial-up modem, limewire version 2.0.2.