View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2006
Apprentice

terryco is flying high
Default install problems

I have used limewire now for a long time with no problems. Yesterday i was downloading and everything froze. wherever i put the mouse over anything on limewire, it highlighted but when clicked nothing happened, I had an older version of the free application so i uninstalled it and installed the latest from download.com. I get the language dialog page and again i press english it highlights but nothing when pressed. From this forum i tried the backup installer,still the same. I checked java and it tells me i have the latest version. The only thing new that i have installed in the last few days is nero 7 and crazy voice. I dont want to uninstall these if i can help it, Has anyone had trouble with limewire and these programmes? Nothing else has been affected.I have done a virus check, and all is ok I have mcafee firewall which has been configuered and i even turn it off with no luck. I did a search for limewire and deleted all, so it would be a clean install. I tried a systemn restore but had no restore points. Can someone please help me to get started again thanks