View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2006
Novicius

careyja1 is flying high
Thumbs down A Newer Version Is Available, Update? Annoyance.

Since I have a purchased, Pro copy of Limewire, I don't think I should be subjected to a blinking, bright red advertisement for a new version.

I understand that Limewire wants it's users to keep the most updated version of the software, but this is the only software I'm aware of that actually presents an un-closeable adverstisement for their own updated version.

I've probably purchased Limewire about FIVE times (used to be half the price it is now not too long ago). It seems like everytime I buy the Pro version and get the "Free updates", there's no update or at least only minor minor bug fix updates, but as soon as my six months are up, BAM! Completely new verson!

I guess my point is either make the subscription period an entire year to fit with your release of the newer versions instead of penalyising you paying customers. Or take off the damned blinking crap off the interface and stop hounding me about giving you more money for unnoticeable updates to the software that only help a tiny percentage of your users.

Sincerely,
James Carey